Prepping Your Home for a Winter That’s Cold and a Spring Market That’s Hot
Welcome to my Woodforest real estate sales report, where I’ll provide the 411 on Montgomery, Texas home sales and resale market trends and give you the tips you need to make homeownership easier.
My goal is to keep you informed about your biggest investment: your home. To keep you up-to-date about today’s ever-changing market, I’ll give you:
The inside scoop on Woodforest sales by school district and price point
The latest sales trends
Tips and tricks to keep your home in like-new condition
You may not generally associate “Texas” with “freeze,” but if you’ve been in the state for at least one winter, you know it’s not unheard of for the temperatures to dip — however briefly — below freezing.
So it’s important for you to prepare your home for the winter by:
- Ensuring your pool’s freeze protection program is enabled.
- Setting your sprinkler system to a winter watering schedule. And when a freeze is imminent, consider draining and winterizing your sprinkler lines.
- Ensuring all exposed exterior pipes and hose bibs are wrapped and insulated.
- Double-checking that the cold air stays outside, where it belongs. Check the caulking and weatherstripping around windows and doors. Also check for drafts coming through outlets along outside walls.
Resale Market Comparison: 2015 Versus 2016
Woodforest’s resale market has been fairly consistent in 2015 and 2016. That’s a great sign that our family-friendly area is standing out in south Montgomery County’s large marketplace. Click here to learn more.
It’s important to note that this trend is simply an average; some homes may not have shown to their full potential due to staging, marketing or the home’s location, while others proved to be highly marketable and were scooped up quickly at a fair market price.
The real estate market is projected to trend upward in 2017 due to the stock market breaking records and the prediction of oil and gas spiking in early 2017. As a result, people will be feeling more confident in deciding to upgrade their homes or make lifestyle changes.
Select an Agent Who Can Get the Job Done
What does this mean to you? It means today’s buyers are looking for value in a home.
If you’re looking to sell your home and compete with the new-construction market, you need an agent who:
- Is knowledgeable about what Woodforest offers
- Can effectively highlight your home’s selling points
- Offers a strategic marketing plan that attracts buyers to your home (visibility is everything)
My design background is just another way I can help buyers fall in love with your home. Combine my expertise with the marketing experience of our team of resident agents, and we’ll get your home sold!
If you’ve been thinking about putting your home on the market and buying your dream house, I’m here to help. Contact me when you’re ready to take advantage of the Woodforest market and all the amenities this area has to offer.